Waubansee (Wabansi) Stone as a drinking fountain at the Chicago Historical Society, Dearborn Street, Chicago, Illinois, January 3, 1921. This granite boulder features a carved image of a Native American Indian believed to be Chief Waubansee (Wabansi). It lay inside the stockade when Fort Dearborn was built in 1803. Daniel Webster stood on the Waubansee (Wabansi) Stone to make a speech while in Chicago in 1837. In the 1860's the stone was removed from its original location and put in the yard of the Isaac N. Arnold residence located on the northwest corner of Lincoln Park Boulevard (later Michigan Avenue) and East Huron Street. It came to the Chicago Historical Society in 1914.