This badge was likely worn by a member of the Lincoln Cycling Club. The clubhouse was once located on the corner of North Dearborn Avenue at Elm Street.
In the late 1900s, bicycles grew in popularity and utility in Chicago. Because bicycles were cheaper than horses and required even less upkeep, cycling quickly became the preferable form of transportation for many. Bicycle owners formed clubs and participated in or watched professional cycling races. By 1893, bicycle races had become so popular that the Columbian Exposition had a track specially built for a week of cycle competition.